Alamos Gold Inc. is seeking an Environmental Superintendent to join our team. The Environmental Superintendent will report to the Site General Manager.
Position Title: Environmental Superintendent.
Work Location: Young-Davidson Mine, Matachewan, Ontario
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time employment
Posting Date: December 6, 2017
Closing Date: December 22, 2017
Posting Number: 2017-69
- Develop and manage all site environmental programs, initiatives, budgets and schedules in accordance with environmental assessment commitments and permitting requirements
- Implement appropriate field quality assurance/quality control programs and ensure that these programs are carried out following best practices
- Supervise site environmental staff
- Ensure project compliance with all environmental permits, licenses, government/agency regulations, and other related legal agreements
- Collaborate with site management and staff to maintain environmental compliance while optimizing operational efficiencies
- Direct and conduct on-site environmental inspections
- Direct and conduct environmental incident reporting, investigations, and development of effective and practical corrective actions
- Provide leadership in environmental management and instill sustainable development values in employees
- Prepare environmental correspondence, presentations, reports and other related documents for both internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate and participate in consultation with Aboriginal communities with respect to environmental and regulatory issues (technical and non-technical meetings)
- Coordinate and participate in stakeholder consultation programs that include regulatory agencies and the public (technical and non-technical meetings).
- Manage environmental data collection, data management, analysis and interpretation, report preparation, and other related tasks
- Obtain various environmental permits required for the operations; manage consultants in application preparation.
- Coordinate with the Site General Manager as required to address identified or potential environmental concerns related to regulatory application needs. Assist in developing/presenting action plans to address concerns.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working with Aboriginal environmental monitoring and advisory committees
- Experience developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
- Experience with adaptive management frameworks in an environmental monitoring context
- Report writing and technical review capabilities with strong attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation and requirements, and overall environmental management best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of the mining industry, with a strong understanding of pertinent environmental legislation, regulations, approvals, permits, licenses and best practices
- Knowledge of environmental impact assessment and permitting relating to major mine development projects in Ontario and Canada is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to drive for results through planning, alignment and execution
- Ability to build working relationships through respect & integrity, open communication, teamwork, negotiation, influence and relationship management
- Ability to drive high performance through leading by example & initiative, continuous learning & coaching, measuring, recognizing and rewarding
- Degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering or related field
Work Experience Requirement:
5-10 years related experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role in the mining industry
Compensation will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a covering letter, contact information for three supervisor references along with their resume to:
Alamos Gold Inc. – Young Davidson Mine
As an applicant invited to participate in the recruitment process (such as an interview), should you require accommodation due to a disability, please discuss your needs with us.
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants however; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Superintendent Young-Davidson Mine Site, P.O. Box 187
Matachewan, ON P0K 1M0
Phone: 705-565-9800 Fax: 705-565-1169
About Alamos Gold Inc.: Alamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from four operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson mine and Island Gold mine in Northern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a significant portfolio of exploration through advanced development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States. Alamos employs more than 1,700 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.