About Alamos Gold Inc.: Alamos is a Canadian-based intermediate gold producer with diversified production from four operating mines in North America. This includes the Young-Davidson and Island Gold mines in north and northwestern Ontario, Canada and the Mulatos and El Chanate mines in Sonora State, Mexico. Additionally, the Company has a significant portfolio of exploration through advanced development stage projects in Mexico, Turkey, Canada and the United States. Alamos employs more than 1,700 people and is committed to the highest standards of sustainable development.
Island Gold Mine is located near Dubreuilville in Northwestern Ontario and is an underground gold mine operation. With the company's focus on this flagship operation, there are transformational development plans at Island Gold to position the mine for future growth by unlocking the value of the Resource extension both laterally and at depth. This is a very exciting time in the mine life of Island Gold and with that we are searching for highly motivated and committed people to join our team!
Role Overview: Under the direction of the General Manager, Island Gold, the Mine Controller is responsible for the day to day management of the mine’s Finance department which includes the general accounting, payroll, payables, budgeting/forecasting, cash management and financial and cost reporting requirements. In addition, the role is responsible for oversight of local IT requirements. The Mine Controller manages a team to ensure accurate and complete financial reporting.
The schedule for this position is based in a camp operation and the successful candidate may be working on a defined rotation schedule.
• Preparation of monthly operations reports and financial reporting for head office
• Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
• Life-of-mine planning in collaboration with operations and engineering teams
• Monthly cost reviews with all departments against plan
• Cash management, including EFT, wire payments, and review of cash flow requirements
• Oversight of payroll and accounts payable processing
• Preparation of monthly tax filings (i.e. – HST)
• Maintain strong internal control environment, ensuring SOX compliance
• Collaborate with other departments, including supply chain, to assess cost efficiencies and synergies
• Work with head office IT team to assess local requirements
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business
• Professional Accounting designation or equivalent
• 8 years of broad accounting experience preferably in mining operations in a public company
• Superior computer skills, including experience with SAP and Excel
• Excellent ability to effectively manage a team in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent ability to build relationships with senior site managers and corporate staff
• Strong interpersonal, communications, and analytical skills
• Strong organization and time management skills